Sunday, February 24, 2013

This blog is for the purpose of my EDM 510 class. We are working on blog development.


Carolyn Houston

I am a Media Education major and always trying to find new ways to help students learn. In todays world technology is ever changing. Currently, I am physical education teacher so technology is very hard to incorporate into my lessons. I do what I can, but when I graduate with my new degree I will need help in this area.  This class is helping a lot with learning about wikis and blogs. What new technology that has come out do you like to use in your classroom? Please explain how you use the technology to educate students. Also please add links that may be helpful with this technology. 


6 comments:

  1. I like the Smart Board. I can show video clips in French class of native speakers from the internet, such as on yabla.com. I can show small portions of videos showing the monuments of Paris. I can type my vocabulary words and use them with more than one class by simply saving them. I can have the students come up and write their answers,using different colors. There is so much a teacher can do with the Smart Board. D. Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love my Smart Board and my Smart Document camera. I use both of them on a daily basis with most all of my core subject areas. The students love how interactive they are and getting to use them. The document camera allows me to put papers under it to be displayed or take pictures of things and it interacts with the Smart Board allowing us to use the pins to write and draw on the images. I use the smart board exchange often because it has so many valuable lessons already there for you to use. I also love the sites discovery education www.discoveryeducation.com and brain pop www.brainpop.com for video clips; you can find content on just about all content standards and its super for Science and Social Studies lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of the Smart Board. I know all of the core teachers have them at the school I teach. They all love them. It seems pretty easy to use. The exchange sounds great as well, especially if it already has lessons for you to use. It seems user friendly as well, and I am sure the students enjoy interacting with it.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love working with the Smart Board and its tools. One of my favorite SMART tools is the Document Camera. It allows you to place a document underneath the camera to project on the board. You can even record the work that is taking place at that time. I like to work "on level" with my students. "On level" in terms of sitting at a desk as well. I sit at a desk closest to the dock and begin working practice problems. I have noticed that my students tend to grasp concepts a bit better as I work and think through the problem on a sheet a paper projected on the board. It could be a visual thing, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, LOVE the Smart Board. The ideas are limitless. A close second to that would be the ELMO slate. I love walking around the classroom and not being confined to the front of the room. With the slate, I can write on it, and it will appear on the board. It's a great way to get students to participate who do not like standing in front of others. With this, I can better see my students and monitor their work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard of the ELMO slate. It sounds interesting, and you are not constricted to the front of the room like you would be with a regular board. Walking around the class, and letting your students use it is a good idea. You are getting all of your students involved, and making sure everyone understands the lesson.

      Delete